Thursday, October 3, 2013

(UPDATED) Day 4 - 5.5 LBS Lost!

---EOD UPDATE+FINAL TALLY---

today chef kelly checked in with me and asked if i was strictly sticking to the cleanse. at first when she used those words "STRICTLY STICKING" it made me slightly terrified. (then in my head, i free associated for a minute and ended up with "strictly ballroom" and then "strictly d&*#ly" and then i stopped.) i immediately admitted my champagne transgression and my soup switch up debacle the other night, and she said that it was all just fine, and was to be expected. she also told me that by this day on the cleanse, most people lose 4-6 LBS. i'm at 5.5 LBS. i'm right on track! she told me that i'm doing GREAT and to keep it up. she said i should see an even more dramatic loss by sunday.

but most importantly, we talked about how i feel. i told her that i feel so different, it's hard to put it into words if it's "good" or "bad." she responded and said that it IS different...it's called feeling CLEAN. and then she added "and YES, it really is that simple."

so there you have it. my insides are starting to get squeaky clean, and it's pretty awesome. i'm really looking forward to my delivery tomorrow, where i'm going to receive more purees, and then one of chef kelly's most popular meals: seared ahi poke tuna with avocado, brown rice and cucumbers, and some other shit. you had me at avocado. i mean really, i can just eat a whole avocado with some salt and lemon on toast as a meal, and i am a happy camper. no high maintenance here. well, besides this:

you know it is.

so here's the final tally before i go into the final weekday of the first week of my cleanse. i'm not going to lie when i say that this weekend makes me kind of nervous, since i don't have as much of a routine on the weekends as i do during the work week, which leaves more time to be lazy and thus want to snack because i free associate food like i did above with chef kelly in my head. but i'm going into it with an "i can do this, bitches" attitude, and i think that will help, no? at the end of this cleanse, i want to tell it this:

take that, 14 days of soup. i will DESTROY you with my willpower.
FINAL TALLY:

NUMBER OF LBS LOST: 5.5 (hitting my milestones, bizzles, just like a developmental-aged toddler. BOOM.)
NUMBER OF PUREES EATEN: 4
NUMBER OF SOLID MEALS DEVOURED: 1
NUMBER OF HOURS I SPENT SURFING THE WEB FOR REAL HOUSEWIVES GIFS: too many to count/admit in public.
NUMBER OF POOPS: 2.5 (don't ask about the .5)


-----MORNING REPORT----
i know, i know, i said this isn't mainly about the weight loss. but yet, i'm 5.5 lbs down since Monday! that is basically 3 full days of cleansing, which is over 1 lb a day. so that makes me pretty stoked! dance break:

no caption needed.

other things of note:

-SLEEP: i have been sleeping a bit more than normal, and waking up earlier and not being able to go back to sleep, but i am interpreting that as my body not feeling so groggy and cloudy and bogged down with dairy, sugar, etc. i may actually have to actually get out of bed early one of these days rather than trying to make myself lay there and go back to sleep. maybe i could do something in the morning? i dunno...one drastic change at a time, people.

-SKIN: i generally have pretty good skin (#thanksMom!) so i was worried that i would suffer some break outs with this cleanse, as my body was eliminating toxins. this morning, one of my co-workers told me my skin was glowy, and that was awesome.

-FILTER: dude, something has happened to my filter. like the one that is in between my brain and my mouth. you know like when you get a new air filter in your car, and then the AC smells like new-car smell and fake fresh air for a few days? that's how i think my filter is right now, because i am finding myself feeling sharper than normal and kind of saying the first thing that comes to mind in some moments (which, i'm told, i did in a staff meeting this morning. what? i thought it was funny.)


MORNING TALLY:
-LBS LOST: 5.5
-HEADBANGS DONE IN CAR LISTENING TO NIRVANA ON MY WAY INTO WORK TODAY: 17
-NUMBER OF FOOT IN MOUTH MOMENTS IN STAFF MEETING: 2 (or so i'm told. i don't know anymore, i have no filter).

No comments: