Saturday, February 24, 2007

A "Heroes" Aside

Ok, so I know that I wasn't going to blog this weekend because I'm working on the Podcast, but I just caught up on the latest episode of Heroes (which I'm officially and unexpectedly obsessed with) and I just HAD to say something. (By the way, if you haven't watched the last episode, this might be somewhat of a SPOILER for you, so don't read any further!!) I was just thinking that if I could be a hero, I would want the same power the latest new Hero had...the power to connect to the internet and satellites just using her brain and without a computer. How cool is that? I realized that when I was thinking about it today, that it was quite possibly the GEEKIEST power one could have, so sharing my little thought would somehow be appropriate here. LOL.

Anyhow, Happy Saturday, Bloggers. Here's a fun picture I took using the "PhotoBooth" feature on my Mac (the desktop, not the laptop) with the iSight camera that is built into the monitor/CPU unit. There are lots of fun effects you can set it to, but being an official art collector and geek as well, I'm quite partial to the Warhol-esque filter:

Cheers!

Geek Girl

Got a question? Email me at geek.girl@earthlink.net

8 comments:

JoeyfromSC said...

Daria, I LOVE IT!:)Beautiful!

JoeyfromSC said...

OOPS! My google account is under "Joseph" HAHA
It's Joey from SC!:)
Keep up the gr8 work on your blog!

for_the_lonely said...

DARIA!!!! I didn't know that you are a fellow bloggah! Sa-wheat! Is "sweet" even an expression that is used anymore? LOL! Oh well...ya know what I mean!

So glad to see your blog! Can't wait for your podcasts! That'll be fun! I am digging what I see so far!

Wishing you a great Sunday and Oscar night!

Hugs to ya,
Sarah ( from Ross' blog! ;) )

for_the_lonely said...

OH! Sorry to post twice, but my blog link isn't coming up for some reason...weird...

Anyhow, it's

http://therose23.blogspot.com ;)

Hugs,
Sarah

TheBobBlog.com said...

Very nice pic, gota love photobooth!

GeekGirl said...

Thanks Joey & Sarah! Sarah, I didn't know you had a blog as well...was I the only one who was featured ON a blog (Ross') but didn't have one? Sheesh. And, for the record, "sweet" is still in very common useage, Sarah. ;)

And thanks, thebobblog for sharing the pic! You certainly do "gotta" love the photobooth.

Cheers,
Geek Girl

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog there Daria. I like the Warhol-esque pic.... I want one...

Poz Mikey said...

Love the art work! I too love Heroes but I'm always in someone's chat room when it on.Hmmmmmm I love watching it on rewind because it has less ads on their site.