Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wow, is it really November? Oh yeah, and STRIKE!

WOW. I can't believe it's November. I haven't blogged in so long, but have no fear, a new GEEK GIRL production schedule is here!

I have been getting so many emails from all of you with questions and comments...I hope that the advice I've given has worked out! Make sure to send me follow up emails. Quite a few new episodes are in progress...and now that I got a nifty new laptop with the iSight built-in, I can change locations and shoot the episodes outside of my office! We're mobile, people...it's official.

On a separate note...as some of you may or may not know, I happen to work at a late night show that has been directly impacted by this week's WGA (Writers Guild of America) strike. They said that late night shows would be hit first, since our writers write fresh new content every day, and boy, were they right. Nothing is for certain now, and the issues (from what I hear) on both sides are difficult. Sometimes I just like to escape with my gadgets and computers and get away from it all (ok, more than sometimes), so that's why I'm going to focus on filming the next few podcasts for you all! But in the meantime, please keep all of us directly and indirectly affected by the strike in your thoughts. And for those people involved in the negotiations, GIVE PEACE A CHANCE! :)


If you have any feedback or just want to say hi, please feel free to post below in the COMMENTS section! Or, email me your thoughts, questions or even videos, at geek.girl@earthlink.net.

To check out my YouTube Channel, click HERE.
To check out my MySpace and become my friend, click HERE.
And make sure to subscribe to my videos on iTunes...they are FREE and the quality on iTunes is way better than on YouTube. Plus, you can take me with you on your iPod. :)

Cheers!

Geek Girl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay Daria... I am glad that you will be posting new podcasts. Did you upgrade to Leopard? I am interested in what great tips you might give us.

Anonymous said...

Oh and yes, I hope the strike ends soon and that both sides are able to compromise.

GeekGirl said...

Thanks Marisol! I haven't gotten Leopard yet, but hopefully will soon! Thanks for your support!

xoxo,
Daria

Anonymous said...

Daria!
I'm happy to see a new blog! Keep them coming! You're so cute!

Lisa

Jessica said...

I totally wish you the best. Can't be fun working in that environment right now! Always enjoy your commentary from the other side of the office when Ross does his talkies!

So I'm torn. Got an iBook G4 2 yrs ago. Now I either need to get a new battery and possibly buy Leopard or just give the whole thing to my niece and buy a MacBook. Thoughts? Is MacBook really a lot more fun than the iBook? Okay, maybe I do just want a new toy!

GeekGirl said...

Lisa-thanks for the support! the new podcast comes tomorrow (should be up here and on iTunes by tuesday)...so stay tuned! I'm also posting a new blog because i need you guys to help me make up one of the sections of the video podcast tomorrow, so keep refreshing!

cheers, xoxo,
daria

GeekGirl said...

HI JESSICA!

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like me when i play the peanut gallery in Ross & my world at the good old Tonight Show! lol. keep your fingers crossed for us through all this madness--if we don't make it through, you can count on a whole lot more video podcasts from me, at least! :)

As far as the MacBook, i say get a new one!!! not only are they so much more fun (though i'm sure your old one is perfectly sensible and gets you by), but you will be able to justify it instantly as you start using all the new freebies that come with it, software wise. and then there's the bonus of the built-in iSight! you can send me video questions and end up in one of my podcasts! lol. but seriously, i had a powerbook that i had for a few years, and i LOVED it, but when it totally crashed beyond what i could repair myself, even though i was devastated, i got this macbook and i'm totally happy with it. take the plunge!!

cheers, xoxo,
daria